Posted by Bob Evans
The White Theatre at The J Announces COVID-19 Vaccination Policy For the 2021-22 Season
Overland Park, Kan. – The White Theatre at The J has joined the majority of theatre venues in the region in announcing a COVID vaccination policy for all upcoming public performances. All guests attending any performance must be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID test to be admitted. The policy will be in effect throughout the 2021-22 season.
“This policy aligns with what other theatres are doing nationwide, and ensures that we are doing everything possible to protect the health of our audiences, staff, and our volunteer performers” said Keith Wiedenkeller, Direct or Arts + Culture for The J, and Managing Artistic Director of The White Theatre.
The policy will apply to all regular season, public ticketed events at the White Theatre. Additionally, guests will continue to be required to wear masks unless actively eating or drinking.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
- All guests, regardless of age, must either be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine OR provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- “Fully vaccinated” means on the date of the performance a guest is at least 14 days after their second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine OR at least 14 days after their single dose of an approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 Test can be:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test performed by a medical provider within 72 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test; OR
- A negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
The White Theatre is scheduled to host an exciting line up of musical performances, concerts and more in the 2021-2022 season. Guests can enjoy popular musicals and plays such as Something Rotten!, The Odd Couple, Memphis, and Matilda, concert performances from Kinnor Philharmonic, Kimberly Greenberg in Fabulous Fanny, and more. Season tickets and tickets to individual performances are on sale now at TheWhiteTheatre.org.
About The J
Established more than 100 years ago, the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City – The J – provides a warm welcome to families of all backgrounds. Our mission is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning, and joy, based on Jewish values, heritage, and culture. Through programs of excellence in fitness and sports, theatre, arts and culture, senior adult programming, and youth services including child development and summer camps, the J provides opportunities for health, learning and well-being that elevates the lives of our community and its members. People of all ages and backgrounds learn and grow at our ‘home away from home.’ Learn more at TheJKC.org.
About The White Theatre
The Lewis & Shirley White Theatre, built in 2005, is a 500 seat, state-of-the-art venue that hosts a wide variety of performances throughout the year. Its annual theatre and concert series continues a 90+ year community theatre tradition, established in 1932, with The Resident Theatre, the region’s first and longest-running community theatre. Ample free parking is available, and the theatre is entirely accessible for those of all abilities. The theatre is available for private rentals for area non-profit groups.