ALICE COOPER WILL PERFORM AT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER
Horror rock pioneer brings ‘A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper’
to Kansas City on August 6
Kansas City, MO – Theatrical rocker Alice Cooper will perform at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on August 6, part of the 2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents series.
Known as the architect of shock rock, Alice Cooper – in both the original Alice Cooper band and as a solo artist – has rattled the cages and undermined the authority of generations of guardians of the status quo. Cooper’s performance, A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper, will bring the dark and horror-themed theatrics he’s known for to the stage of Muriel Kauffman Theatre.
Tickets for A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper range from $49 to $109 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, March 16. Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app, or online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT ALICE COOPER
Alice Cooper pioneered a grandly theatrical brand of rock that was designed to shock. For more than five decades, Cooper’s show has surprised fans and exuded terror at every turn. Spending six months each year on the road, Cooper brings his own brand of rock psycho-drama to fans both old and new.
The Alice Cooper band formed while its members were in high school in Phoenix, and was discovered in 1969 by Frank Zappa, who signed the group to his record label. The band found success through the 1970s with albums including Love It to Death, Killer and School’s Out, building a more elaborate touring stage show with each release. Cooper released his first solo album, Welcome to My Nightmare, in 1975, followed by many more solo releases, including 2017’s Paranormal. Cooper’s television and movie credits include Wayne’s World, Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare, and That 70’s Show. He will appear as Herod in NBC’s live staging of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar on April 1. The Alice Cooper band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Thursday, March 15 – CMT Next Women of Country Presents: Sara Evans – All the Love Tour, featuring RaeLynn and Kalie Shorr – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 – Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour – 7:30 p.m. March 16; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 17, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, May 23 – A Conversation with Mark Bittman – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, March 25 – Miranda Sings Live – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, May 1 – National Geographic Live: NASA Astronaut Terry Virts – View from Above – 7:30 p.m. May 1, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, June 5 – National Geographic Live: Photographer/Filmmaker & Writer Pete McBride & Kevin Fedarko – Between River and Rim – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, June 7 – David Byrne: American Utopia Tour – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Saturday, June 16 – Diana Krall: Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Monday, August 6 – A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, August 19 – Happy Together Tour 2018 – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, September 9 – Punch Brothers – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 3 – Black Violin – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 24 – Chanticleer – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2017-2018 season: Saint Luke’s Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.
Visit the Kauffman Center’s online press room for media resources, multimedia library, press release archive and more: kauffmancenter.org/about/press-room/