Join us this October for
Ghost Light: A Haunted Night of Songs and Stories from KC’s Cultural Crossroads
KCRep is thrilled to present a brand new Kansas City tradition that will leave you shaking with excitement! This hybrid concert and ghost-story event weaves together local storytellers and musicians to share frighteningly fun tales from KC’s cultural crossroads. Under the stars at the iconic Nelson-Atkins Museum, your family and friends will be transported into the diverse world of spirits, hauntings, and the great unknown.
Storytellers include Jane Barnette (Witch scholar, Theatre and Gender Studies professor at KU, Dramaturg, and author of Adapturgy: The Dramaturg’s Art and Theatrical Adaptation), Maria Vasquez Boyd (Latino Writers Collective), and Nathan Louis Jackson (KCRep Playwright in Residence/6 Seasons, Theatre: Broke-ology, When I Come to Die, and Sticky Traps, TV: Luke Cage, Southland, Shameless, and Resurrection). Musicians include the Doom Blues Duo Freight Train Rabbit Killer, the lyrical folk musician Jessica Paige, Madisen Ward of the mother and son duo, Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear featuring Mike Harte, and indie-americana songstress Sam Wells.
Tickets on sale Thursday!
Ghost Light hauntings will take place on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings at 7pm, October 22 – 31st, on the South Lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
Seating will be arranged in “pods” on the lawn. Each pod can accommodate up to 4 people. If you require seating for more than 4 people, please purchase two pods and we will make sure you are seated next to each other. The price per pod is $80. That’s only $20 per person! The purchase of a pod not only guarantees your spot for a spirited and enchanting performance, it also helps to keep KCRep financially viable during the most challenging time of our long history. We thank you in advance for your support and can’t wait to see you in person! (From a safe distance…of course).
Recommended for youth ages 8+. Social distancing will be enforced, and masks are required for all attendees.
Space is limited; tickets go on sale Thursday, October 1st at 10am!
Important Safety Information
Keeping our artists, staff and patrons safe during the COVID-19 pandemic is of the utmost importance to us. In order to protect your health, we have implemented the following rules and practices that will help protect you and our other guests by reducing possible transmissions. By attending this event, you agree to respect the following rules:
- Wear a Mask: Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth upon your arrival and at check-in, while moving around the Nelson-Atkins lawn, and when accessing the restrooms. Once you are seated, you may remove your mask if you are eating and/or drinking.
- Social Distancing: We will be enforcing social distancing at this event. Your group will be assigned a socially-distant spot for you to sit on a blanket, lawn chair, or beach towel. These spots will be spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart. We ask that you help maintain social distancing by keeping a distance between yourself and our staff and other guests and patrons (asides from the patrons within your group.)
- Arrive On-Time: Ghost Light will begin promptly at 7pm, and there will be no late-seating allowed. Please arrive on-time when check-in opens at 6:30pm, so that you can check-in, find your spot, and get comfortable before the show.
- Feeling sick? Stay home! If you feel ill, have been exposed to someone with or suspected of having COVID-19, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (including but not limited to cough, fever, fatigue, body aches, loss of smell, or cold and flu symptoms), please do not come to the event. If you are unable to attend the event due to illness, please contact our Box Office for refund options.
- Reviews, Features & Videos
- Press Releases
- KC FRINGE
- Buy Ads
- Contact / Register