Press release posted by Gregory Cantrell
DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD LIVE: NEIGHBORHOOD DAY TOUR ADDED TO THE 2019-2020 KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live: Neighborhood Day tour coming to
Muriel Kauffman Theatre on March 24
Kansas City, MO – Today, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts announced an additional performance in the 2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents series. Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live: Neighborhood Day will be in Muriel Kauffman Theatre on Tuesday, March 24 at 6:30 p.m.
“Won’t you ride along with me?” Following the hugely successful Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live: King for a Day tour that traveled to more than 50 communities in 2019, Daniel Tiger and all his friends from the beloved Emmy Award-winning PBS KIDS television series are hopping back aboard Trolley for Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live: Neighborhood Day. This live theatrical production is filled with music, dancing, laughter, and interactive surprises.
Tickets range from $25 to $75, plus applicable fees, and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, September 20. VIP tickets are available and include a post-show photo with Daniel Tiger. Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222 or online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD
The top-rated Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood television series from Fred Rogers Productions, airs daily on PBS KIDS and follows the everyday adventures of four-year-old Daniel Tiger. Through imagination, creativity, and song, Daniel and his friends learn key social skills necessary for success in school and life.
The series caters to children ages two to four, and builds on the pioneering PBS series, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. Daniel talks directly to viewers, engaging them as if they were his neighbors. Episodes consist of two tales that revolve around a central theme that reinforces early childhood learning. Each story incorporates input from a wide range of specialists in early childhood learning, extensive childhood research, and Fred Rogers’ 40 years of experience.
The animated show has garnered a host of prestigious awards, including 2019 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Preschool Children’s Animated Series, Parent’s Choice Gold Award for Television, 2018 Common Sense Media Seal of Approval and was nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming by the Television Critics Association in 2018. Apps, games, activities, and more from Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood can be found on pbskids.org/daniel.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Access to approved media photos of Kauffman Center Presents artists.
2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents events:
- Tuesday, October 1 – The Kingdom Choir – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Tuesday, October 1 – Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild Live! Presented by Nationwide – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, October 2 – Boyz II Men – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Thursday, October 3 – A Tribute To The Beatles’ White Album (featuring Todd Rundgren, Christopher Cross, Micky Dolenz, Jason Scheff, and Joey Molland) – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, October 9 – Béla Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Thursday, October 10 – Mary Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Saturday, February 1 – Squirrel Nut Zippers and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, February 18 – National Geographic Live: From Summit to Sea – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, March 4 – Cameron Carpenter – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Tuesday, March 10 – National Geographic Live: Pursuit of the Black Panther – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, March 24 – Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Neighborhood Day – 6:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, April 28 – National Geographic Live: Spinosaurus: Lost Giant of the Cretaceous – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, May 19 – An Intimate Evening with David Foster: Hitman Tour Featuring Special Guest Katharine McPhee – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, May 26 – National Geographic Live: Where the Wild Things Live – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, June 9 and Wednesday, June 10 – National Geographic Live: JANE in Concert – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2019-2020 season. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.