Posted By Bob Evans
IYANLA VANZANT COMING TO THE KAUFFMAN CENTER
Best-selling author, life coach and TV host brings
“Acts of Faith Remix Tour” to Kansas City on August 23
Kansas City, MO – Life coach, best-selling author and EMMY Award-winning television host Iyanla Vanzant will speak at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on August 23. The event is part of the 2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents series and is presented in partnership with Mills Entertainment.
Known for her work as the host of Iyanla Fix My Life on OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network, Iyanla Vanzant comes to the Kauffman Center with her Acts of Faith Remix Tour. The tour celebrates the 25th anniversary of her best-selling book, Acts of Faith. The encouragement, comfort and wisdom found in the book travel from page to stage with Iyanla’s signature straight-talk, love and humor. Tickets start at $34.75 plus applicable fees. VIP tickets include prime seating and a copy of Iyanla’s book, Acts of Faith 25th Anniversary. Tickets go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, February 8.
Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app and online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT IYANLA VANZANT
Spiritual life coach Iyanla Vanzant is a celebrated writer and public speaker. Dedicated to facilitating the growth and evolution of human consciousness, Iyanla’s body of work spans over three decades. She has published 15 books, including six New York Times best-sellers. Iyanla is the host and executive producer of the award-winning show Iyanla: Fix My Life, the No. 1 reality show on OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network. On the show, Iyanla goes behind closed doors and deep inside people’s lives to help them heal.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents events:
- Tuesday, February 19 – National Geographic Live: Life On The Vertical – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, March 13 – Anoushka Shankar – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Tuesday, March 19 – National Geographic Live: When Women Ruled The World – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Saturday, March 30 – The Summit: The Manhattan Transfer Meets Take 6 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, April 30 – National Geographic Live: Day To Night – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, June 4 – National Geographic Live: Adventures Among Orangutans – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, June 11 – Snarky Puppy – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Friday, June 28 – Napoleon Dynamite: A Conversation with Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Efren Ramirez (Pedro) and Jon Gries (Uncle Rico) – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents events:
- Tuesday, July 9 – An Evening with Jane Fonda: A Celebration of a Storied Career – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Friday, August 23 – Iyanla Vanzant: Acts of Faith Remix Tour – 8:00 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, October 1 – Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild Live! – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, October 9 – Béla Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2018-2019 season: Saint Luke’s Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.