DIANA KRALL TO PERFORM AT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
Jazz singer, pianist and multiple GRAMMY Award-winner Diana Krall
will play in Muriel Kauffman Theatre on Saturday, June 16;
the concert is part of the 2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents series
Kansas City, MO – Today, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts announced that jazz singer and pianist Diana Krall will perform in Muriel Kauffman Theatre on Saturday, June 16. Krall comes to Kansas City as part of her Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018. This event is part of the 2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents series, and is presented in partnership with Mammoth.
A multiple GRAMMY Award-winning jazz pianist and world-renowned vocalist, Diana Krall is the only jazz singer to have eight albums debut at the top of the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. Krall’s tour will feature material from her stunning new album, Turn Up The Quiet, as well as fan favorites.
Tickets for this event range from $45 to $185 plus applicable fees, and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 26. Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app, or online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT DIANA KRALL
To date, Diana Krall’s albums have garnered five GRAMMY Awards, eight JUNO Awards and have also earned nine gold, three platinum and seven multi-platinum albums. Krall’s unique artistry transcends any single musical style and has made her one of the most recognizable artists of our time. Her 2017 solo album, Turn Up The Quiet, has earned critical praise. MOJO Magazine called the new album “spectacular” and said Krall was “on top form.” People Magazine said, “Diana Krall’s new music will have fans falling for her all over again.”
Having already ventured to Europe and with plans to visit South America, the Turn Up The Quiet World Tour is shaping up to be one of the biggest in Krall’s career. Krall’s band of Anthony Wilson (guitar), Karriem Riggins (drums), Robert Hurst (bass), and Stuart Duncan (fiddle) has been wowing audiences with material from Krall’s latest album.
Turn Up The Quiet was the last recording Krall made with her long-time mentor and collaborator, producer Tommy LiPuma, before his sudden passing last year. The album is dedicated to his memory.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features exceptional and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
• Tuesday, February 6 – National Geographic Live: Florian Schulz – Into the Arctic Kingdom – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, February 18 – Peter Cetera – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, March 6 – National Geographic Live: Cristina Mittermeier – Standing at the Water’s Edge – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, March 15 – CMT Next Women of Country Presents: Sara Evans – All the Love Tour, featuring RaeLynn and Kalie Shorr – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 – Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour – 7:30 p.m. March 16; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 17, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, May 1 – National Geographic Live: Terry Virts – View from Above – 7:30 p.m. May 1, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, June 5 – National Geographic Live: Pete McBride & Kevin Fedarko – Between River and Rim – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, June 7 – David Byrne: American Utopia Tour – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Saturday, June 16 – Diana Krall: Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2017-2018 season. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.