TWO SHOWS ANNOUNCED AT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
***Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild Live in Muriel Kauffman Theatre on October 1***
***Béla Fleck, Zakir Hussain and Edgar Meyer in Helzberg Hall on October 9***
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts announced two new events in the 2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents series.
America’s most beloved animal expert, Jack Hanna brings Into the Wild Live! to Muriel Kauffman Theatre on October 1. The all-ages-friendly stage show features more than a dozen live animals, along with stories from Hanna’s decades-long career as a zookeeper. The exact animals to appear will be confirmed closer to the show date; fans can expect to see animals such as a baby cheetah, kangaroo, baby tiger and much more. Tickets for the event range from $29 to $79 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, February 8.
On October 9 in Helzberg Hall, Béla Fleck (banjo), Zakir Hussain (tabla) and Edgar Meyer (double bass) present an evening of musical exploration, moving between the worlds of classical, bluegrass and world music. These virtuosos touch every stylistic corner of the musical world. Tickets for the event range from $29 to $89 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, February 8.
Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app and online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT JACK HANNA
Jack Hanna has made countless television appearances since 1983 on shows such as Good Morning America, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Late Show with James Corden, and FOX and CNN news programs. Hanna is the host of TV’s EMMY Award-winning Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild and Jack Hanna’s Wild Countdown. He has worked for decades to protect animals and spread the word about wildlife conservation. Hanna is also the Director Emeritus of the famed Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and The Wilds.
ABOUT BÉLA FLECK, ZAKIR HUSSAIN AND EDGAR MEYER
Béla Fleck has reinvented the image and sound of the banjo through a remarkable performing and recording career, earning 15 GRAMMY Awards along the way. Zakir Hussain is a tabla player of the highest order, whose brilliant and exciting performances have established him as a national treasure in his own country, India, and have earned him worldwide fame. Edgar Meyer is a MacArthur “genius grant” recipient, an accomplished composer and a masterful instrumentalist. The trio released the collaborative album The Melody of Rhythm in 2009. Rakesh Chaurasia joins the ensemble for this performance on bansuri (Indian flute).
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents events:
- Tuesday, February 19 – National Geographic Live: Life On The Vertical – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, March 13 – Anoushka Shankar – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
- Tuesday, March 19 – National Geographic Live: When Women Ruled The World – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Saturday, March 30 – The Summit: The Manhattan Transfer Meets Take 6 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, April 30 – National Geographic Live: Day To Night – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, June 4 – National Geographic Live: Adventures Among Orangutans – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, June 11 – Snarky Puppy – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Friday, June 28 – Napoleon Dynamite: A Conversation with Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Efren Ramirez (Pedro) and Jon Gries (Uncle Rico) – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
2019-2020 Kauffman Center Presents events:
- Tuesday, July 9 – An Evening with Jane Fonda: A Celebration of a Storied Career – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Tuesday, October 1 – Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild Live! – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
- Wednesday, October 9 – Béla Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2018-2019 season: Saint Luke’s Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.