MIRANDA SINGS JOINS 2017-2018 KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES
The internet comedy sensation and YouTube star played by actress Colleen Ballinger
will perform Sunday, March 25 in Muriel Kauffman Theatre
Kansas City, MO – Today, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts announced that YouTube comedy star Miranda Sings will bring her Miranda Sings Live … Your Welcome tour to Muriel Kauffman Theatre on Sunday, March 25. This event is part of the 2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents series.
Miranda Sings – a character played by actress, comedian and singer Colleen Ballinger – has become an international phenomenon whose YouTube channel has amassed more than 8 million devoted subscribers and over 1 billion views. Ballinger created the character in 2008 as a parody of singers she saw uploading videos to YouTube. Miranda is known for her overdrawn red lips, questionable advice about singing and life, a deluded self-confidence, and over-the-top rants about her family and personal problems.
Tickets for Miranda Sings Live … Your Welcome range from $39 to $89 plus applicable fees, and are on sale now. Performance tickets including a VIP meet-and-greet with Miranda Sings are available. Tickets are available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app, or online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
Colleen Ballinger (left), and Ballinger in character as Miranda Sings (right).
ABOUT MIRANDA SINGS
Colleen Ballinger has appeared as Miranda Sings on Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. As the success of Miranda Sings was taking off, Ballinger began performing live as the character in cabaret venues and theaters, before eventually taking the act on the road in national and international sold-out tours.
With her New York Times No. 1 bestselling book Selp Helf, and the hour-long comedy special inspired by it, Ballinger’s eccentric alter ego continues to grow beyond her YouTube channel. Ballinger served as a writer, executive producer and star of the Netflix original series Haters Back Off!, which premiered in October 2016 and ran for two seasons.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features exceptional and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
• Tuesday, February 6 – National Geographic Live: Florian Schulz – Into the Arctic Kingdom – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, February 18 – Peter Cetera – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, March 6 – National Geographic Live: Cristina Mittermeier – Standing at the Water’s Edge – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, March 15 – CMT Next Women of Country Presents: Sara Evans – All the Love Tour, featuring RaeLynn and Kalie Shorr – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 – Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour – 7:30 p.m. March 16; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 17, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, March 25 – Miranda Sings Live … Your Welcome – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, May 1 – National Geographic Live: Terry Virts – View from Above – 7:30 p.m. May 1, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, June 5 – National Geographic Live: Pete McBride & Kevin Fedarko – Between River and Rim – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, June 7 – David Byrne: American Utopia Tour – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Saturday, June 16 – Diana Krall: Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2017-2018 season. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.