Posted by Bob Evans
Dear JCPRD Patron,
This afternoon, Johnson County Board Chairman Ed Eilert proclaimed a Declaration of a State of Local Disaster Emergency for Johnson County.
JCPRD is taking a number of precautionary measures to protect our patrons, volunteers, and staff, as we continue to monitor the situation. We are working with Johnson County Government partners and referencing peer institutions to make the best decisions. We are prepared to follow all directions provided by public health agencies to mitigate the spread of any virus, including the potential cancellation of future programming for a period of time if necessary. Should that happen, we will notify patrons as quickly as possible and will maintain communication as circumstances change. Until that time, we intend to serve our patrons and our families in the best way possible while working to ensure the continued health of our community.
At this time, all large events and activities, except those that are exempt, have been suspended, postponed, or cancelled. Large public gatherings are those with more than 250 people in attendance or anticipated to attend. Exemptions are being made for governmental and judicial functions, private business operations, religious and faith-based activities, weddings, and funerals.
At this time:
- All spring break camps will be cancelled.
- Children’s Services programs including Out of School Time, Natureplay Preschool, and the Early Childhood Development Center will be closed until further notice.
- Large events (tournaments, indoor theater, large rentals, etc.) will be cancelled, with above noted exemptions until further notice.
- Programs, activities, sports leagues, events that will not allow for the highly recommended social distancing and sanitation efforts will be cancelled until further notice.
- Kansas City Corporate Challenge games for 2020 season will be cancelled.
- Shawnee Mission School District Aquatic Center is closed until further notice.
- Beginning Monday, March 16, JCPRD facilities including; Ernie Miller Nature Center, Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center and Johnson County Museum, Mill Creek Activity Center, Roeland Park Sports Dome, Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, Okun Fieldhouse at Mid-America West Sports Complex, New Century Fieldhouse, Roeland Park Community Center, Lanesfield Historic Site, and 50 Plus programs at Matt Ross Community Center will be closed until further notice.
- JCPRD parks, park amenities, trails, and golf courses will remain open during normal hours.
Patrons will have the choice to receive a full refund or credit for cancelled programs and activities. If JCPRD does not cancel a program, rental, event, etc., but you would like to withdraw, you will be allowed to do so without penalty.
For questions regarding refunds or credits, our registration office will be happy to assist you. You can reach them by calling (913) 831-3359, Monday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For up-to-date information on program and/or facility closures, as well as the latest information from Johnson County Health & Environment, visit JCPRD.com.