KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Beach Boys co-founder will present his “Greatest Hits Live” on November 13
This event is part of the 2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents series
Kansas City, MO – Beach Boys co-founder Brian Wilson will perform on November 13 at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, as part of the 2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presentsseries.
Returning to the Kauffman Center after his sold-out performance in 2016, Brian Wilson will present his Greatest Hits Live, with special guests and former Beach Boys bandmates Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin. Tickets for this event range from $49 to $119 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 28.
Tickets will be available through the Kauffman Center Box Office at (816) 994-7222, via the Kauffman Center mobile app, or online at www.kauffmancenter.org.
ABOUT BRIAN WILSON
Brian Wilson is a deeply revered figure in popular music, the main creative force behind some of the most cherished recordings in rock history. He was barely out of his teens when he started to make gold albums featuring classics like “Surfer Girl,” “In My Room,” “I Get Around” and “Don’t Worry Baby.” Wilson’s ground-breaking work on the album Pet Sounds and the single “Good Vibrations” rewrote the rules of what a pop album or single could be. His solo record SMiLE, released in 2004, had been anticipated by music fans since the late 1960s.
Wilson is a Kennedy Center Honors recipient, a Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee and a multiple GRAMMY Award winner. With the Beach Boys, he was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and honored with The Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001.
Learn more about Brian Wilson on his website.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Friday, June 22 – Penn & Teller – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Sunday, July 1 – Red, White and Bluegrass: Lee Greenwood and Dailey & Vincent – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Monday, August 6 – A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, August 19 – Happy Together Tour 2018 – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, September 9 – Punch Brothers – 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 3 – Black Violin – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 24 – Chanticleer – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
• Tuesday, November 13 – Brian Wilson: Greatest Hits Live – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, December 12 – George Winston – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
• Wednesday, March 13 – Anoushka Shankar – 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
• Saturday, March 30 – The Summit: The Manhattan Transfer Meets Take 6 – 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2018-2019 season. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie – opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World’s 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world’s most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2018-2019 season: Saint Luke’s Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.