This serious comedy tackles assimilation and traditions, matchmaking mothers and independent daughters, societal expectations, and so much more! While serious and raw, laughter flows throughout as the cast traverses the tricky 1930’s southern Georgia landscape and begins to break through attitudes and expectations bringing acceptance and change.
“The accents are superb, the sets are stunning, and the play was so much more than I anticipated going in.”
The White Theatre at The J is committed to the health and safety of all who attend our performances, concerts, and engagements. While there are currently no changes to our scheduled performances. We are taking careful measures to decrease the spread of illness.
To promote and maintain a healthy environment,
The White Theatre staff has implemented the following:
· Hand sanitizer is available near the Box Office window and
in the theatre lobby
· Ushers and staff are washing their hands frequently
· Ushers in the concession stand are wearing gloves
· Ushers are wearing gloves when picking up after performances
· Programs are not being reused
· Every armrest and seatback will be wiped down with
sanitizing wipes before each performance